Friday, October 14, 2011

The privileged few

If something happened at work, I'd share it with my colleagues and possibly my parents.
A small circle of trusted people would know about my stuff.
The ones who I would want to share this with, and I expect they would want to also, willingly.

When social media comes in, everyone is there listening, peeking, eavesdropping.
Privacy settings tweaked every now and then, till I have personally given up reading the updates where it apparently gives me more control over what I do on the net.
(I don't even know what's out there about me on the net)

The point is, people tend to share everything through social media.
Where they've been,
What they've eaten,
What they'd like to do,
What they dislike.
Among other things.

The privileged few would know almost everything about me.

The social network would know the outer layer.

I, me and myself - (in one word) - Deepak.

*Home- I've missed you!

No comments: